Ellen Anderson is the Director of Government Relations at Community Health Systems. Although Ellen did not come from a political family, political conversations with her grandfather sparked her interest to pursue a career in government.
- Ellen is a first-generation American, both parents immigrated to the U.S. from Chile
- Majored in Political Science with a minor in Latin American Studies at the University of Central Florida
- Interned for the Florida House of Representatives as a legislative aide
- Became Florida State Senator Nan Rich’s Legislative Aide where she focused on children and healthcare
- Ellen went to work for the Florida Hospital Association after Sen. Rich left office in 2012
- In 2013 Ellen was appointed by Governor Rick Scott to the cabinet for Children and Youth
- In 2015 Ellen joined Community Health Systems where she currently serves as the Director of Government Relations